The Makeful crew curates and creates projects every single day. Each project is handmade to inspire creativity within ourselves, and we love what we do. Our curated articles are our favorites of the internet. We love finding new creatives to follow and share with the Makeful reader. We’re living out loud, in color and imagination. #MakefulCrew
What's better than a delicious cake? A cake filled with candy, of course! Check out this recipe for an awesomely yummy and super pretty piñata cake that explodes with color and fun! It's like a delicious volcano that erupts with gummy bears, jelly beans, and nerds when you're ready to serve. It's the perfect party trick for your next summer celebration!
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 2/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 sticks butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Buttercream Frosting, see recipe
- food coloring
- round cookie cutter
This cake is the perfect dessert to serve at your next celebration! All chic and minimalist sprinkle business on the outside, and a rainbow party of flavor and fun on the inside; this is one treat your guests won't soon forget!
2. Spray a 6-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour 1/4th of your batter into the first pan and add a drop or two of food coloring to the batter. Mix until the color is spread evenly throughout. Repeat for the other three pans.
3. Bake your cakes for 30-40 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from pans and cut off the tops using a serrated knife so the cakes are perfectly level and even. Use a round cookie cutter to cut a hole out the middle two cakes.
6. Add one more layer of frosting and top the whole piñata with the remaining solid round cake slice. Cover the whole thing in a generous layer of buttercream frosting!
Have your Instagram story app open and ready when you're all set to cut and serve, 'cause this cake is gonna magically explode with an avalanche of deliciousness that would make Willy Wonka proud!
What candy did you fill your piñata cake with? Did you put your own scrumdiddlyumptious spin on it? Show us your confectionary creations by tagging us @bemakeful!