The Makeful crew curates and creates projects every single day. Each project is handmade to inspire creativity within ourselves, and we love what we do. Our curated articles are our favorites of the internet. We love finding new creatives to follow and share with the Makeful reader. We’re living out loud, in color and imagination. #MakefulCrew
We couldn't let National Toast Day pass us by without showing you how to whip up 4 yummy toast recipes. From healthy and hearty lasagna toast, to a twist on the go-to avocado toast, to desserts-for-breakfast like PB banana honey and candied pecans and blue cheese toast...get ready to up your breakfast game to the next level.
- 4 slices italian bread, (lasagna toast)
- 1 medium, chopped zucchini, (lasagna toast)
- 1 clove, chopped garlic, (lasagna toast)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, (lasagna toast)
- 4, crushed cherry tomatoes, (lasagna toast)
- salt and pepper, (lasagna toast)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese, (lasagna toast)
- 1/4 cup pecorino romano cheese, (lasagna toast)
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, (lasagna toast)
- 1 egg white, (praline pecan toast)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, (praline pecan toast)
- 1 pinch cinnamon, (praline pecan toast)
- 1 pinch cayenne, (praline pecan toast)
- 1 lb pecan halves, (praline pecan toast)
- 4 oz blue cheese, (praline pecan toast)
- 6 slices baguette, (praline pecan toast)
- 2, poached eggs, (poached egg avo toast)
- 2 slice whole grain bread, (poached egg avo toast)
- cut into thirds avocado, (poached egg avo toast)
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, (poached egg avo toast)
- to taste for topping salt and pepper, (poached egg avo toast)
- parsley, thyme, basil fresh herbs, (poached egg avo toast)
- chopped tomatoes, (poached egg avo toast)
- 2 slices whole grain bread, (honey banana peanut butter toast)
- sliced banana, (honey banana peanut butter toast)
- honey, (honey banana peanut butter toast)
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly toast bread until just golden brown.
2. Combine zucchini, garlic, and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Add tomatoes, salt, and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and use a knife to poke a few small holes to vent it. Microwave on High for 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine basil, ricotta, Romano, salt, and pepper. Spread this mixture evenly onto your 4 toasted bread slices. Then top all four with your heated tomato mixture. Finally, top with mozzarella cheese.
4. Place the toast slices onto a cookie sheet and bake at 450° for about 8 minutes until cheese is thoroughly melted and bread is toasted through.
Avocado Toast With Poached Egg
1. Poach 2 eggs by breaking them into boiling water and removing with a slotted spoon after about 5 minutes.
2. While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado onto each piece of toast. When the eggs are done, place them on top.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, radishes, thyme, parsley, basil, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
And there you have it! A gooey delicious (and heart-healthy!) breakfast treat.
Honey, Banana, Peanut Butter Toast
1. This one is almost too easy. (Almost!). Cover your toast with peanut butter to your liking. Thinly cut one banana and decorate your toast with the slices. Drizzle honey on top to finish it off.
Done-zo. It's like dessert for breakfast!
Praline and Blue Cheese Toast
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat 1 egg white till beautifully fluffy!
2. Stir in sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and cayenne. Add pecans and toss. Bake pecans on parchment-lined baking sheet for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
3. Spread cheese on toast. Then top with quince paste and pecans and serve!
So decadent and a very fitting way to celebrate National Toast Day if we do say so ourselves! And, we do.
BACK TO TOP