Nicole is an L.A. based creative who loves to write, try new things, and create videos for her youtube channel. On her free time, you can find her eating her way through the city with her husband or solving puzzles in an escape room.
Looking for a quick and easy dessert to add to your brunch menu this Mother's Day? I've got you covered. This easy recipe is the perfect treat for this Sunday! These cornmeal bites are a fantastic combo of savory hearty cornbread and sweet fluffy white cake. Besides being delicious, this recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make so you can impress your momma with your cooking skills without spending all day in the kitchen.
- 1 cup maseca flour
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- large mixing bowl
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- porcelain ramekins
- whipped cream
Not gonna lie, brunch might be our favorite meal. It basically gives you the perfect excuse to have dessert and mimosas for breakfast. This recipe for cornmeal brunch bites takes under 30 minutes start to finish and is the perfect treat to serve at your Mother's Day celebration!
Cornmeal Brunch Bites Recipe:
1. Sift together your dry ingredients of 1 cup maseca corn flour, 1 cup white flour, 1/3 cup sugar, 4 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of cinnamon together in a large bowl.
2. Beat one egg and add to dry ingredients. Add 1 1/4 cups milk and 1/4 cup oil and whisk all together to make a cakey batter.
3. Spoon batter into individual baking dishes, or if you don't have those, you can easily substitute a muffin tin. Bake at 350° for about 10-15 minutes 'til golden brown on top and a toothpick comes out clean.
4. When you're ready to serve, top with a generous dollop of whipped cream and some pretty berries for flavor and color!
And just like that, these cornmeal bites are out of the oven and right to your brunch table. We recommend making a few batches too - your mom will definitely want seconds! We know we did when we made them...
If you liked this recipe and are going to try it, or you have your own ready for Mother's Day this weekend, let us know tag us on Instagram using #BeMakeful!
Happy Mother's Day!
BACK TO TOP