Bottoms up, ladies! It's time to really get in the spirit of the season with these super delish holiday cocktails that also happen to be gorgeous. How delicious are they? Very, VERY delicious. Call us if you make them, we'll be right over.
1. These blackberry thyme cocktails are almost too pretty to drink…almost. We love ombré drinks here at Makeful, and these oh-so-elegant champagne cocktails from The Effortless Chic are perfect for toasting to the holidays..and your life. You should toast to your life. Look at you go girl. It’s eye candy that also tastes like, well, candy. Fancy, fancy candy.
2. Want to serve something a little different for your fete? Brooklyn Supper has your back. But proceed with caution: If you serve these babies, people may love them a little TOO much. The smoky sage paired with sweet honey makes for a delectable, sweet and savory cocktail that goes down easy.
3. Ummm, wait- is that glitter on the rim? Yes, yes it is. Edible glitter exists?? YES. YES, IT DOES. This “Golden Girl” cocktail from A Beautiful Mess is crazy easy to make with only two ingredients of grapefruit juice and prosecco. Add raspberries for a pop of color and edible glitter because EDIBLE GLITTER. Thank you for being a friend.
4. To quote a favorite TV show, drinking whiskey makes me feel “like Shakespeare, if Shakespeare was a Cowboy”. This is a perfect drink for those nights when the weather outside is frightful, but the party inside is oh-so-delightful. Cookie and Kate’s winter spin on the classic whiskey sour is sweetened with maple syrup and seasoned with cinnamon for a holiday cocktail that’ll warm you right up as soon as you walk through the door.
5. Spread some holiday cheer with these holly berry look-a-like cranberry cocktails from the OG Martha Stewart herself. Made with moscato d’asti which is sweeter than regular champagne or prosecco, but not as sugary or heavy as moscato dessert wine, this festive cocktail tastes as good as it looks.
6. Just looking at this drink makes us want to gather ’round and sing carols (which, at our parties, usually means less ‘Courier and Ives’, more ‘Taylor Swift and Beyoncé’). This take on a traditional Moscow Mule from Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish also has a non-alcoholic option for our friendly designated driver. Not all heroes wear capes. Stay safe this holiday, girl.
From all of us here at Makeful; here’s to the year behind us and the year ahead of us!