There’s nothing like a handmade gift to brighten up someone’s day.
Learn how to make this easy DIY Origami Heart with our video tutorial!
These little cuties open up so you have just enough room to write a sweet message inside. Pass one to a friend, make one for your mom, or even incorporate them into your wedding day!
We used a glass bowl and a metallic paint pen for the writing on the bowl. This can be used at a bridal shower or any wedding event. Guests can write their good wishes on an origami heart and place them in the bowl, giving the bride and groom a wonderful keepsake of their special day.
- Lay a sheet of origami paper in front of you with the coloured side face-down.
- Fold the sheet in half diagonally from the bottom left-hand corner to the top right-hand corner. Unfold. Fold the sheet in half diagonally again with opposite corners, from the bottom right-hand corner to the top left-hand corner. Unfold.
- Create a new fold by lining up the top edge of your sheet with the newly-created diagonal line running from the bottom right-hand corner to the top left-hand corner. Do this by bringing the top right-hand corner down towards the diagonal line. Unfold.
- Create a similar fold by lining up the left side edge of your sheet with the diagonal line running from the bottom right-hand corner to the top left-hand corner. Do this by bringing the bottom left-hand corner up towards the diagonal line. Unfold.
- Rotate your paper 180 degrees and repeat steps 3 and 4. This will create the same fold lines on every side.
- Fold the top right-hand corner into the first point where the fold lines intersect to create a small triangle fold.
- Repeat step 6 with the bottom left-hand corner.
- Flip the sheet of paper over. You should see a diamond shape created with folds. Press your thumbs along the center horizontal fold line, and fold the diamond shape so your the top corner meets the bottom corner. This creates your heart shape!
- You can keep your heart shape pointy, or if you’d like, you can create small folds at each of the sharp corners by making a firm line with a scoring tool (or your finger) close to the corner and folding the corner down.
- Add a sweet message inside your origami heart!