We’ll show you how to personalize a plain white iced cake using…. cutlery? Yes, cutlery!
Your party guests will be wowed by the impressive designs created by simple movements with a fork, spoon and knife. When you’re all done creating your icing designs, feel free to adorn your cakes with fresh fruit, sprinkles, and whatever your heart desires. Remember, this is cake. You have to have fun with it. It’s just, like, the rules of cake!
Happy birthday to us all.
Waves with a Fork
- Lightly brush the tips of your fork prong through the icing in little wave-formations from left to right.
- Repeat across the top and sides of the cake until it’s full of waves.
Swoops with a Spoon
- Using the bottom of your spoon, lightly press into the icing pushing towards the left.
- On your next swoop, push icing towards the right.
- Repeat until your cake is full of swoops going in every direction.
Stripes with a Knife
- Using the side edge of the tip of a butter knife, lightly press into the icing to create a straight line from one end of the cake to the other.
- Repeat across the top and sides of the cake until it’s full of stripes.