Raise your hand is you LOVE toast! From healthy and hearty lasagna toast, to a twist on the go-to avocado toast, to desserts-for-breakfast like PB banana honey and candied pecans and blue cheese toast...get ready to up your breakfast game to the next level.
1. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly toast bread until just golden brown.
2. Combine zucchini, garlic, and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Add tomatoes, salt, and black pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and use a knife to poke a few small holes to vent it. Microwave on High for 3 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, combine basil, ricotta, Romano, salt, and pepper. Spread this mixture evenly onto your 4 toasted bread slices. Then top all four with your heated tomato mixture. Finally, top with mozzarella cheese.
4. Place the toast slices onto a cookie sheet and bake at 450° for about 8 minutes until cheese is thoroughly melted and bread is toasted through.
Avocado Toast With Poached Egg
1. Poach 2 eggs by breaking them into boiling water and removing with a slotted spoon after about 5 minutes.
2. While the eggs are cooking, toast the bread and smash the avocado onto each piece of toast. When the eggs are done, place them on top.
3. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, radishes, thyme, parsley, basil, tomatoes, and parmesan cheese.
And there you have it! A gooey delicious (and heart-healthy!) breakfast treat.
Honey, Banana, Peanut Butter Toast
1. This one is almost too easy. (Almost!). Cover your toast with peanut butter to your liking. Thinly cut one banana and decorate your toast with the slices. Drizzle honey on top to finish it off.
Done-zo. It’s like dessert for breakfast!
Praline and Blue Cheese Toast
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat 1 egg white till beautifully fluffy!
2. Stir in sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, and cayenne. Add pecans and toss. Bake pecans on parchment-lined baking sheet for about 30 minutes, stirring often.
3. Spread cheese on toast. Then top with quince paste and pecans and serve!
Now getting toasting already!