Junk food doesn't have to be store bought. You can whip it up fresh. This easy no-bake recipe for caramel corn is a winner. Make this delish carnival favorite for you and a few friends and you'll be the hero. Because we all know not all heroes wear capes.
1. Pop 1/2 cup of popcorn kernels or 2 bags of plain microwave popcorn.
2. On medium heat, melt butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt, stirring for about three minutes until mixture is bubbling and thick. Let simmer without stirring for one minute.
3. Remove pan from heat. Add in baking soda and stir. The mixture will become kinda foamy.
4. Stir in popcorn, evenly coating it in the melted gooey goodness.
5. Spread the coated corn evenly onto a sheet of wax paper and let cool completely. Once hardened, use your hands or a spatula to break apart.
Oh man, my mouth is watering just writing this. Excuse me, I need to go grocery shopping immediately.
Let us know how yours turned out by tagging us on Instagram @bemakeful!