The jury has spoken: velvet decor is officially IN. It's soft, it's chic, it instantly pumps up the glam factor in any room. Plus, the fabric looks amazing in every color scheme; from elegant jewel-tone design to a vibrant retro vibe, velvet is here to stay.
1. Jewel Tone Sofa Velvet sofas are having a serious moment right now. They’re popping up on design blogs everywhere and we are loving it. This one that popped up on A Cup of Jo has us green with envy!
2. Throw Pillows Adding velvet pillows to any space adds instant texture and softness. Plus, these classy and playful pink and green pillows we spotted on Design Sponge add a nice pop to the room’s neutral color palette.
3. Quilt/Throw Blanket Adding a layer of velvet into your bedding majorly ups the luxe factor. Using different textures in your bedding is a great way to make it more visually interesting, and more inviting for some serious snuggle time.
4. Curtains Looking for black-out curtains for those mid-day naps? Think velvet! Using velvet fabric in your window treatments is both posh and practical. A super stylish way to catch up on those Zz’s.
5. Slip Cover Love the velvet sofa look but can’t afford a whole new furniture piece? Slipcovers, like this one featured on Pretty Petals, are your friend. Would you believe there’s an old Ikea sofa under there? Yup, you read that right. Such a chic upgrade without breaking the bank.
6. Headboard Having a velvet headboard is like adding an extra pillow to your sleeping ‘sitch. It gives a nice layer of cushion and softness that just can’t be beat.
7. Retro-chic Go big or go home- to this awesome piece of retro-chic velvet furniture! This texture and color combo feels so 60’s fabulous. Now all it needs is Don Draper look-alike sittin’ pretty with an old fashioned. We’d sit with him.
8. Bed linens We just can’t get enough of using velvet in the bedroom. Why not take the whole bed to the next level and invest in a super soft and luxurious velvet bed linen set complete with quilt and shams? So beautiful and so cozy!
9. Accent Chair We are officially obsessed with these velvet accent chairs. Not only are they super comfortable and soft to the touch, but the colors are lush and lovely! Plus, they come with handy-dandy pulls on the back when you need to move your chair around. Such a chic statement piece. Want.