When it comes to halloween, some of us only start thinking about costumes until the week before—no judgements please.
Having a quirky costume doesn’t mean you have to spend an exorbitant amount of money and time on it. Some ideas are simple, wallet-friendly and quite frankly—adorable.
Grape costume instructions:
*assistance required for this craft*
- Blow up your favourite flavour of grapes (green or purple balloons, it’s all up to you).
- Put on your long sleeved shirt and tights.
- Have someone pin the balloons to your shirt and tights using safety pins. Be sure to put the pins through the ends.
- Use fake greenery to build your grape vine headband. This can either be attached to a headband with a hot glue gun or be pinned down to your hair with bobby pins.
- TA DA! You’re ready to take up two seats at your local Halloween party.
Pineapple costume instructions:
- This adorable shirt can be found at Michaels, but if you really want to strut your inner crafter, use a plain yellow shirt and draw the pineapple spikes with fabric markers or a sharpie!
- To build the crown to your pineapple, you’ll need green construction paper, a toilet paper roll (just the roll not the toilet paper) and a hot glue gun!
- Cut your construction paper into long leave shapes, they can vary in sizes and length because all pineapples are unique—right?
- Use the hot glue gun to attach the the leaves onto the toilet paper roll.
- Glue your crown to a headband and voilà!
Strawberry costume instructions:
Grab a polka dot dress (or a t-shirt) and some felt for the calyx (that’s the green leafy part on top) and you’re all set to be a part of our fruit bowl. The only DIY aspect of this costume is the calyx.
- To build this part, cut green felt into various sizes of leaves and glue together at bottom with a hot glue gun.
- For the stem, use the same green felt, roll it into a cone shape and glue at the seams.
- Cut out a small circle to cover the cone that builds the stem.
- Glue your stem to your leaves.
- Time to show everyone how berry cute you really are.