This DIY can dress up a dinner party, or act as a statement piece for an industrial wedding.
We used a 6ft. long 1.5” thick copper pipe, and cut it into our desired lengths. You can cut yours into any size to fit your event! Make sure the pipe fittings you buy are the same thickness as your copper pipe.
- Using a pipe cutter, cut 2 x 2in. pieces, 3 x 2.5in. pieces, 3 x 3in. pieces, 1 x 5in. piece and 1 x 5.5in. piece.
- Polish your copper pipe pieces with Brass-o to make them extra shiny.
- Attach your copper pipe and fittings together any way you like! Make sure to have some of your tee and 90 degree elbow attachments facing up, so the candles can be placed in them.
- Once you’re pleased with your shape, secure your pipes with pipe glue. Lightly sand each end of your copper pipes. Place a bit of copper glue along the inside of each attachment and on the ends of each pipe as you slide them together. Pipe glue is very strong, and will dry in about 5 seconds.
- Once your centrepiece is secured, place candlesticks in each of the up-facing pipe fittings.
- Light the candles and enjoy your event!