Add an extra personalized touch to your wedding with DIY personalized socks!
This craft is totally customizable. You can write anything you want! Surprise your dad with Father of the Bride socks, or make personalized groomsmen socks as part of your groomsmen gifts, or you could even make them for your guests!
We made socks for a dad, and wrote “Father of the Bride” on the right sock, and the wedding date on the left sock. You can have fun with the custom tag as well! For our Father of the Bride socks, we wrote “special socks for a special walk” on the tag. We’re cute, we know.
- Cut a rectangular piece of cardboard, and place it in the sock to stretch it out where you want to write your text.
- Write your custom text near the top of the sock with a fabric marker. Wait 5-10 minutes for the fabric marker to dry.
- Place a cloth over top of your text and iron it for 1 minute to secure the design.
- Remove the cardboard, and repeat steps 1-3 on the other sock. Feel free to write something different on the other sock!
- When both socks are complete, create a custom tag by cutting a 1.5”x8.5” thick piece of cardstock, and writing a custom message with a brush pen.
- Fold your socks neatly together, and wrap your tag around your socks.
- Secure your tag at the back with a piece of washi tape.