Welcome to Cake Basics - the series where we're teaching you everything you need to know about decorating a cake! We'll start with the fundamentals and then get fancy! But first thing's first: you need a cake! Click to find out how to make a delicious and simple yellow cake. Let’s get baking!
Make the Batter:
1. Pre-heat over to 350 degrees.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add egg yolks one at a time.
4. Alternate mixing in milk and flour.
5. Add baking soda and vanilla.
Bake the Cake:
1. Grease 8-inch round pan and add flour to the pan for an easy release.
2. Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the oven for 25 to 30 Minutes.
3. When the cake is a nice golden brown, remove it from the oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes before turning the pan over to release the cake.
And there you have it! The most delicious basic yellow cake that can be the base for an infinite number of frosting and decoration possibilities. Now you can do anything! (Or really, just bake a simple cake. But we’ll get there.)