With a few basic supplies, you can construct the trendiest, and quite frankly—the sweetest costume.
Be on trend this Halloween with this fun DIY donut wall Halloween costume!
Trick or treat yo’ self and yo’ friends.
With a few basic supplies, you can construct the trendiest, and quite frankly—the sweetest costume. Add some real donuts to your costume to really be the hit of any party.
People may try to book you for events—so keep your schedule open!
Happy Halloween from the Makeful family!
Creating the Donuts:
- Fold the beige fabric in half, and trace a circular shape onto the fabric. Find an object in your home around 5” in diameter to help trace it.
- Inside the circle you just drew, trace a smaller circular shape in the centre around 1.5” in diameter.
- Cut out the outer circle and the inner circle.
- Using a glue gun, glue the outer edges of the circle together, leaving a 1.5” wide non-glued opening.
- Turn the fabric inside out by pulling the fabric through the opening.
- Glue the inner circle edge together.
- Choose a fabric square for your donut topping, and cut out your desired topping shape to fit the donut base you’ve created.
- Cut a small hole in the center of the topping, and make small triangle-shaped cuts going out from the center point, which will help you glue the topping onto the donut base.
- Place the donut base on top of the topping.
- Glue the topping to the donut base starting with the inner circle by folding the triangle-shape cuts you created in step 8 over and onto the donut base, which will be the bottom side of the donut. Then, turn the donut over and glue the rest of the topping on top of the donut base. Be careful not to glue over the 1.5” opening of the donut base.
- Stuff your donut with cotton stuffing until it’s equally stuffed.
- Carefully glue the 1.5” opening shut.
- Decorate with fabric markers. Add sprinkles, swirls, or any design you like!
Constructing the Wall:
- Using a brush pen, or any pen you’d like, write your donut wall title at the top of the foam core board. We went with the festive “trick or treat yo’self”.
- Glue wooden dowels to the foam core board in 4 rows of 3. We recommend using a ruler to make sure your dowels are in straight lines.
- Using a one-hole punch, create 2 holes 1” from the top of the foam core board, on either end of the board.
- Cut a length of rope around 20” long.
- Tie a double-knot through each hole, securing them on the back of the foam core board. Your head will go through this rope to wear the donut wall.
- Slide your donuts onto the dowels.
- Put on the donut wall and make your way to the closest Halloween party. Trick or treat!