Propose to your bridesmaids in the sweetest way with these adorable origami candy boxes.
Use this DIY origami candy box in so many different ways at your wedding. Try them out as favours, decor, prizes, and more. All you need is a 12×12 sheet of origami paper to get started!
How to create the box:
- Fold paper in half to form a crease across the centre of your paper. Unfold.
- Fold the bottom and top edges into the centre.
- Unfold your paper, turn it 90 degrees, and repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Fold the bottom edge to meet the top-most crease to form a new crease. Unfold the crease you just made.
- Turn your paper 180 degrees, and repeat step 4.
- Flip your paper so the folds are facing downwards. Fold the bottom and top edges of the paper into the centre crease. Flip your paper over again.
- Starting with the left side, create a 45 degree angle fold from the top point of the second leftmost vertical crease to the bottom edge of the paper, lining up the top edge of the paper along that second leftmost vertical crease. Unfold and repeat with the bottom corner, folding it upwards to create an X. Unfold. Repeat on right side.
- The folds in step 7 creates X-shaped creases on either side of the main square in the centre, which you’ll use to make this next fold. Starting with the left side, pinch the top and bottom edges of the leftmost vertical crease together. Fold the paper down, lining up the top and bottom edges of your paper with the left vertical crease of the main centre square. This leaves one half of your fold standing up vertically. Repeat on right side.
- Starting with the left side, hold your most recent fold down. Open up the half of your fold which is standing up vertically, and fold it down so all the edges line up with the sides of the triangle, and the square. The top edge should line up with the centre crease of the main centre square. Repeat on right side
- Starting with the left side, open up the flaps on the edge of the paper, and create a new fold along the left crease of the main centre square. Repeat on right side.
- Starting with the bottom left side, place your finger underneath the fold to invert the pinched triangle created in step 8. Fold in the paper on either side of the inverted triangle so its bottom edge lines up with the edge of the main centre square, and the rest of the paper folds down easily. Then, fold the inverted triangle backwards, and raise the folded paper up to stand vertically. Repeat this step on the top left side. Repeat on right side.
- Flip the paper over, and open up the bottom flaps to create your box shape. Fold along the creases to strengthen the edges of your box.
- Starting with the left side, open up the inner fold by placing your finger underneath and pulling it out. Refold along this now longer crease to create the candy wrapper look. Repeat on right side.
How to create the lid:
- Place the preferred side face down.
- Fold paper in half vertically from corner to corner. Unfold. Fold paper in half horizontally from corner to corner. Unfold.
- Fold each of the four corners in to meet the centre point of the paper.
- Repeat step 3.
- Fold the bottom and top edges of the paper in to line up with the center point. Unfold. Repeat with the left and right edges of the paper. Unfold.
- Unfold the left and right triangles, keeping the top and bottom ones folded. Fold the bottom and top edges to line up with the centre axis. Unfold.
- Start with one of the unfolded triangles facing you. On either side of the unfolded triangle, fold the bottom left and right corners inwards to meet at the centrepoint of the second crease from the bottom. Raise the bottom triangle to accommodate this fold and create an edge of the lid. Fold the raised paper over the edge. Fold the bottom flap in to line up with the triangle folds in the base of the centre square. Repeat on other side.